Hi,
I have gwt web app, that uses several user inputs(several ui controls) to
calculate price that the user must pay for something. The pricing is done on
the client side using my pricing util lib. When the user clicks the pay
button he sends the price to he server an purchase is done. The problem is
that the user can make direct request (with some tool or some library like
apache http client) containing fake price. So along with the price i send
all values from the ui controls, and recalculate the price on the server.
And if it does not match the client price i reject the purchase. The problem
is that the pricing is little slow. So can this be avoided in some way? I
mean the pricing must be done on the client, but can it be skipped on the
server?
Is there any way to detect that the request didn't come from the rpc called
in the pay button clickhandler(using gwt-dispatch), but from somewhere else?

Regards.