I'm really new to GWT so please point me in the right direction.

I'm trying to create a Panel with widgets in it, in this case I
created a FocusPanel and would like for the FocusPanel to listen to
keyboard input. Just any buttonclick would be fine. But I can't seem
to get it to get any events. See the code below for what I tried. What
is wrong?

public class VMyComponent extends FocusPanel   {
    public VMyComponent() {

        addKeyPressHandler(new KeyPressHandler() {
            setElement(Document.get().createDivElement());

            @Override
            public void onKeyPress(KeyPressEvent event) {
                Window.alert("OMG GWT PLZ ACTUALLY WURKZ FOR ONCE!");

            }
        });