When you clicked "Get the New Version", it should have taken you to a
dialogue that says "Incompatible Add-ons Found."  I'm seeing a
dialogue that says:

"Some of your add-ons won't work with Firefox 3.6, and will be
disabled.  As soon as they are made compatible, Firefox will update
and re-enable these add-ons:"

"Google Web Toolkit Developer Plugin for Firefox 1.0.7263"

You should be able to uninstall Firefox 3.6 and revert to Firefox
3.5.7:

http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/all-older.html