While it is true that you could just use the javascript generated by
GWT and hook it to any back end (assuming that you are using REST or
POX and not GWTRPC), the real value add in using GWT is with J2EE
development. Otherwise, you could just use one of the other great RIA
JS libraries such as jQuery or YUI.

There are now a growing list of ISPs whose web hosting packages
include Tomcat. I use Network Solutions and their large Linux package
includes what they call JSP which means you upload a war file into a
Tomcat server.

Obviously, any ISP that offers a VPS package will do the job too.