This is the original v1.7 code with only the GWT 2 change applied, ie
no other code changes have been applied yet.

We are able to run the app in dev mode without any issues.

We use a few 3rd party modules, yes. The primary client-side
dependency is the GXT module. On the server we have a few other
dependencies:
 - ehcache
 - derby
 - jna

We do have a large number of codegen files. We have a 3rd party middle-
ware component that we use for comms, which allows us to have clients
for the server in many languages. We use this technology to codegen
XML serializers and DTOs. This pipeline is on the server, from where
normal GWT rpc is used to communicate with the client via the API
service calls. For most of these DTO's we create .properties files
that help us to create beans to which we can bind the UIs.

Does this information help?

Pieter