I've never tried to do anything with the window object, so it might
not work... but I use this to detect if popups aren't working:

        public static native boolean open(String url, String name, String
features) /*-{
            var newWindow = $wnd.open(url, name, features);
            if( newWindow ) return true;
            return false;
          }-*/;

I'm sure you could change it to return the new window as an Element
and use DOM.* to manipulate it.

Let us know how you get on - this could be useful for creating "print"
pages without a server roundtrip.