I would REALLY like to be able to define my members as final; however
as noted on the GWT serialization page:
- Fields that are declared final are also not exchanged during RPCs,
so they should generally be marked transient as well.

I was wondering why final fields are not transferred? I can only
imagine that when the instance is created server side it uses the no-
args constructor and reflection to set the values?

I find it quite annoying that I am required to enter a no args
constructor, surely the RPC generator can just manually add and empty
no args constructor if none already exists?

One suggestion from a colleague was to add support for the
@ConstructorProperties annotation to GWT serialization classes, so
that the GWT serialization back end calls the constructor with
arguments and matches field names with the annotation values. Has
anyone considered this?