I use the URL it recommends (http://127.0.0.1:8888/index.html?
gwt.codesvr=127.0.0.1:9997) and I add a history token, but it keeps
the gwt.codesvr (i.e.
http://127.0.0.1:8888/index.html?gwt.codesvr=127.0.0.1:9997#login).
When I login, I do issue a full redirect for OpenID and security
reasons. That appears to be the issue, because when I add the request
parameter back, all is good. I guess I will make sure I do a
GWT.isScript check and if so, redirect with request parameters
included.

Thanks for the help.