I acknowledge that the source needs to be available for the gwt
compiler but I still question if the source needs to be in the same
jar as the compiled endstates you'd ship to a client.  Is there
documentation that states the requirements (location/conditions) for
providing source code to the gwt compiler?  I guess I'm asking in
general as opposed to specifically using the gwt-maven-plugin.

I'm still testing this out but it seems like it should work as long as
a jar with the source code is on the classpath.  The approach I'm
trying to take is to follow the maven standard of producing a *-
sources.jar during the build of the first module.  Then all consuming
modules will list the standard jar as a compile scoped dependency and
the sources jar as a provided scoped dependency.

If this is going to take me down a road of pain I'd like to know ahead
of time.

Thanks for your help,
Micah