Yes it is.

Meanwhile We've found the source of problems.
We have a dispatcher servlet so that we don't need to register our
services in the web.xml file.
The code for this servlet was probably taken from an example that was
using an old version of GWT that didn't need to pass the
SerializationPolicy and SerializationPolicyProvider to the RPC
methods.

Now the problem is solved.

Thanks the same for your help.
Andrea