Hi there,
I was wondering if its possible to use GWT 2.0 as a general purpose
java to Javascript compiler. A handful of new mobile technologies such
as phonegap and titanium allow development in Javascript and
deployment to iPhone/android/nokia, using platform specific Javascript-
LanguageX bridges.

Unfortunately these cross-platform mobile platforms offer poor testing
and development tools. It would be great to write strongly typed GWT
code using JSNI and JS Overlays, in Ecilpse, Unit tested, well
architected, producing a single JS file (sso linker?) that can be re-
used in phonegap or titanium and deployed to titanium or phonegap.

I tried a hello world sample with a sso linker that produced a single
permutation. But it did not fly in titanium because the generated GWT
bootstrap code needs there to be a DOM and a window object, which is
not the case.

Is it possible to configure the linker/compiler to skip any bootstrap
steps. I just need some GWT magic to compile Java to javascript
without any HTML DOM/browser dependencies/usage.

Thanks.