Hi,

I'm trying to implement themes for our widget library. The library
consist in some higher-level widgets, specific to our business needs,
and I was put in charge of making them "cute".

My first solution, back before GWT had themes, was to implement a
CSSResource for each class, and do something like
"MyWidgetClass.Resources.INSTANCE.css().ensureInjected()" inside
onModuleLoad(). Quickly it became unwieldy, as developers using the
library must remember to inject the resources of the classes they
use.

Now I'm looking at the way GWT implements its own themes, and they are
just a plain css file, am I correct? They don't use tiling for the
images, no substitution variables, no obfuscation, etc. Another thing
that seemed odd was that every widget has its style in the same file,
so I have this 25K file even if I use just one widget.

I would like to use some modularization, getting the style of just the
widgets used in the application, and being able to use image tiling to
keep the connections down, but I don't know how would it be best to do
it. I've been staring to the screen thinking about this for a couple
of days, and I'm stuck, so I come here to ask if you would share with
me how you have solved this, if you have.

Thanks in advance,

Diego.