I think he isn't doing cross domain calls (the redirect is just from
http://mydomain/ to http://mydomain/MyApp/)

There was someone with a very similar question on this forum just a
few days ago (I can't find the post anymore, maybe you'll find it). I
think the solution may have had something to do with the context root
of the application (?!)

What I would do is try to access the servlet directly from the browser
(yes, it will tell you, that the GET method isn't supported, but
you'll see, if the URL is correct)

hth
Chris