Hi Michail,

I've confirmed that this is a bug in 1.3: a directory browse dialog
*should*be appearing when you launch, to ask for a WAR directory.
However, it
appears that this only happens when you create a new launch configuration
from within the Run/Debug Configurations dialog.  If you delete the existing
launch configuration and then right-click the project and select Run As >
Web Application, you should see the WAR directory prompt as expected (at
least the first time... after that the -war argument should be persisted).

Also, regarding the use of relative WAR directory paths: the lastWarOutDir
setting is only used for convenience as an initial path when we display a
directory browse dialog for selecting the WAR directory.  If you want to
specify the WAR directory argument in a launch configuration as a
workspace-relative path, you should be able to use something like this:

-war ${workspace_loc}/path/to/war

However*,* I say *should* be able to, because unfortunately there is another
bug in 1.3 that prevents that variable from being resolved.

The good news is that* **we will release a fix tomorrow to resolve both of
these bugs*, as well as the auto-escaping bug on Windows (
http://code.google.com/p/google-web-toolkit/issues/detail?id=4762).

Keith