I did something similar by writing native javascript. See here
http://googlewebtoolkit.blogspot.com/2008/07/getting-to-really-know-gwt-part-1-jsni.html

I had trouble getting the embedded iframes call the javascript
functions. See here http://www.dyn-web.com/tutorials/iframes/

Managed to call the javascript functions using top.functionname()