I received this error message while I running development mode for
Eclipse. The error repeated after many attempts.  The same error
appeared in another project in the workspace. I created a new GWT
project which worked successfully.

I GWT-compiled the first project and the problem went away. That's a
bit odd because I was under the impression that GWT-compile generated
java script. The java script would be used only in production mode.
How could it fix something wrong in development mode? I wanted to see
if this was a fluke or if it was reproducible.

Eclipse's "Project Clean" made the error return. GWT-Compile fixed the
error.

A second "Project Clean" did not cause an error.  So this is not 100%
reproducible.

I hope this helps anyone with a similar error.

Tim K.

OS - Windows XP
Eclipse Platform 3.5
Google Plugin for Eclipse 3.5   1.2.0.v200912062003
gwt-2.0.0
java statement causing error:  RootLayoutPanel.get();
------------------ Error log

09:43:05.547 [DEBUG] [testgwt20layout] Checking rule <replace-with
class='com.google.gwt.dom.client.DOMImplMozillaOld'/>

09:43:05.578 [ERROR] [testgwt20layout] Error while executing the
JavaScript provider for property 'user.agent'
com.google.gwt.core.client.JavaScriptException: (TypeError): undefined
is not a function
 stack: TypeError: undefined is not a function
    at Array.CALL_NON_FUNCTION (native)
    at F (http://localhost:8888/testgwt20layout/
testgwt20layout.nocache.js:6:24)
    at http://localhost:8888/testgwt20layout/testgwt20layout.nocache.js:2:118
    at __gwt_jsInvoke (http://localhost:8888/testgwt20layout/
hosted.html?testgwt20layout:70:35)
    at http://localhost:8888/testgwt20layout/hosted.html?testgwt20layout:263:16
    at z (http://localhost:8888/testgwt20layout/
testgwt20layout.nocache.js:2:147)
    at http://localhost:8888/testgwt20layout/testgwt20layout.nocache.js:8:54
 type: called_non_callable
 arguments: undefined
 __gwt_ObjectId: 2
    at
com.google.gwt.dev.shell.BrowserChannelServer.invokeJavascript(BrowserChannelServer.java:
195)
    at
com.google.gwt.dev.shell.ModuleSpaceOOPHM.doInvoke(ModuleSpaceOOPHM.java:
120)
    at
com.google.gwt.dev.shell.ModuleSpace.invokeNative(ModuleSpace.java:
507)
    at
com.google.gwt.dev.shell.ModuleSpace.invokeNativeObject(ModuleSpace.java:
264)
    at
com.google.gwt.dev.shell.ModuleSpacePropertyOracle.computePropertyValue(ModuleSpacePropertyOracle.java:
189)
    at
com.google.gwt.dev.shell.ModuleSpacePropertyOracle.getSelectionProperty(ModuleSpacePropertyOracle.java:
127)
    at
com.google.gwt.dev.cfg.ConditionWhenPropertyIs.doEval(ConditionWhenPropertyIs.java:
58)
    at com.google.gwt.dev.cfg.Condition.isTrue(Condition.java:49)
    at com.google.gwt.dev.cfg.ConditionAll.doEval(ConditionAll.java:
38)
    at com.google.gwt.dev.cfg.Condition.isTrue(Condition.java:49)
    at com.google.gwt.dev.cfg.Rule.isApplicable(Rule.java:36)
    at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.StandardRebindOracle
$Rebinder.tryRebind(StandardRebindOracle.java:98)
    at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.StandardRebindOracle
$Rebinder.rebind(StandardRebindOracle.java:54)
    at
com.google.gwt.dev.shell.StandardRebindOracle.rebind(StandardRebindOracle.java:
154)
    at
com.google.gwt.dev.shell.ShellModuleSpaceHost.rebind(ShellModuleSpaceHost.java:
119)
    at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.ModuleSpace.rebind(ModuleSpace.java:
531)
    at
com.google.gwt.dev.shell.ModuleSpace.rebindAndCreate(ModuleSpace.java:
414)
    at
com.google.gwt.dev.shell.GWTBridgeImpl.create(GWTBridgeImpl.java:39)
    at com.google.gwt.core.client.GWT.create(GWT.java:98)
    at com.google.gwt.dom.client.DOMImpl.<clinit>(DOMImpl.java:22)
    at com.google.gwt.dom.client.Document$.createDivElement$
(Document.java:252)
    at
com.google.gwt.user.client.ui.LayoutPanel.<init>(LayoutPanel.java:115)
    at
com.google.gwt.user.client.ui.RootLayoutPanel.<init>(RootLayoutPanel.java:
65)
    at
com.google.gwt.user.client.ui.RootLayoutPanel.get(RootLayoutPanel.java:
59)
    at
mypackage1.client.TestGwt20Layout.onModuleLoad(TestGwt20Layout.java:
549)
    at
39)
    at
25)
    at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.ModuleSpace.onLoad(ModuleSpace.java:
369)
    at
com.google.gwt.dev.shell.OophmSessionHandler.loadModule(OophmSessionHandler.java:
185)
    at
com.google.gwt.dev.shell.BrowserChannelServer.processConnection(BrowserChannelServer.java:
380)
    at
com.google.gwt.dev.shell.BrowserChannelServer.run(BrowserChannelServer.java:
222)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)