ChrisK,

On 23 mar, 10:32, ChrisK <cknow...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thomas - your solution worked from 6 worked but at first I didn't
> include both pairs of brackets after the function call "MyMethod" but
> it turns out they are required. With only one set (i.e. no arguments),
> it just doesn't work. I thought that was legal but maybe not.

Remember that "@mypackage.MyClass::MyMethod()" is a reference to the
function, not a call. The parenthesis allow you to give the full
signature of the method. Java allows two methods to have the same name
but different parameters. GWT needs the "full" signature to find which
method you want to reference, even is there is only one method with
this name.

The second parenthesis are to call the method. If you forgot then, you
just obtain the function object and do nothing with it...

Olivier