When trying to load my app in IE7 Devmode, I receive the following
error (package name changed to protect the innocent):

00:02:20.199 [ERROR] Unable to load module entry point class
com.mydomain.myapp.client.MyModule (see associated exception for
details)
com.google.gwt.core.client.JavaScriptException: (TypeError): Object
doesn't support this action
number: -2146827843
at
com.google.gwt.dev.shell.BrowserChannelServer.invokeJavascript(BrowserChannelServer.java:
195)
at
com.google.gwt.dev.shell.ModuleSpaceOOPHM.doInvoke(ModuleSpaceOOPHM.java:
120)
at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.ModuleSpace.invokeNative(ModuleSpace.java:
507)
at
com.google.gwt.dev.shell.ModuleSpace.invokeNativeObject(ModuleSpace.java:
264)
at
com.google.gwt.dev.shell.JavaScriptHost.invokeNativeObject(JavaScriptHost.java:
91)
at com.google.gwt.dom.client.DOMImpl.createButtonElement(DOMImpl.java)
at com.google.gwt.dom.client.Document$.createPushButtonElement$
(Document.java:834)
at com.google.gwt.user.client.ui.Button.<init>(Button.java:69)
at
com.mydomain.myapp.client.ui.widgets.buttons.MyButton.<init>(MyButton.java:
44)
at
com.mydomain.myapp.client.ui.widgets.buttons.MyButton.<init>(MyButton.java:
65)
at
com.mydomain.myapp.client.ui.widgets.buttons.MyButton.<init>(MyButton.java:
59)
at com.mydomain.myapp.client.ui.login.LoginPage.<init>(LoginPage.java:
30)
at com.mydomain.myapp.client.MyModule.<clinit>(MyModule.java:41)
at
com.google.gwt.dev.shell.ModuleSpace.loadClassFromSourceName(ModuleSpace.java:
580)
at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.ModuleSpace.onLoad(ModuleSpace.java:348)
at
com.google.gwt.dev.shell.OophmSessionHandler.loadModule(OophmSessionHandler.java:
185)
at
com.google.gwt.dev.shell.BrowserChannelServer.processConnection(BrowserChannelServer.java:
380)
at
com.google.gwt.dev.shell.BrowserChannelServer.run(BrowserChannelServer.java:
222)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:637)

The LoginPage has one MyButton (which extends
com.google.gwt.user.client.ui.Button). The error is thrown when ` new
Button() ` is invoked in MyButton's constructor call to super(). The
last line of non-native code is
Document.get().createPushButtonElement().

I'm running devmode using Eclipse and Mac OS X 10.6.2. I am not using
the Google Eclipse Plugin (benefits do not justify the slowdown). I
recently set up a Windows XP vm via VMWare Fusion 3, and when I tried
to load my app in the vm's IE7, Devmode received the connection but my
module failed to load with the above error.

It should be noted that Chrome is also installed on the XP vm, and the
app loaded fine there. Both browsers have the latest gwt dev plugin.
Also, the fully deployed app running on tomcat works just fine in IE7.
This is just a devmode issue.

This seems like a bug with devmode but I wanted to post here first (as
opposed to the issue tracker) in case this is an issue on my end.

Thanks,
Zak