The problem is, that each Widget has a DOM Element it wraps. This DOM
Element is created by the document.createElement('tagname') JavaScript
method and the call to this method is not accessible to you, since it is
wrapped by GWT's Document class.

An iframe contains it's own document, so you would have to hack each Widget
class to redirect the document.createElement call to the iframe's content
document.

The only solution to this might be, using Deferred Binding to replace the
GWT class Document, which wraps the call to document.createElement. Your
implementation would require to change the document object, the class
delegates to, dynamically. This solution is not simple since you'll have to
find a secure way of changing the delegate object without crashing GWT as a
whole.

So it might work, but I won't recommend.

Regards
Jan Ehrhardt