GWT (client side) has nothing to do with HttpOnly cookies because the
browser can not read them using javascript.

You have to face it in the server side, sending a cookie from your
servlet to the browser with the HttpOnly attribute set, the browser
will remember it, and the next time it loads the GWT application it
has to ask the server via RPC to know if the user has the appropriate
cookies, if not you have to show the login screen.

-Manolo