I remember that GWT guys said that they wont accept new stuff for
incubator, but only fixes to existing code, because they are planning
to include most useful widgets from incubator to official gwt trunk.
So I think incubator is not an option to test this feature.

Nevertheless I'll take a look to your code and give feedback probably next week.

Cheers
-Manolo