Servlet containers typically make only one object of your Servlet. This
object is shared across several threads. Several threads is a configurable
property on most servers, but usually varies between 15 to 30. If you have
100 users connecting simultaneously, the server will not start 100 threads -
the remaining requests will be queued.

But multiple threads sharing the same Servlet (or end-point, as you put it)
object does not *usually* matter. That is, if you follow servlet best
practices.

The GWT RPC Servlet is Stateless. Even if 1000 users access it at the same
time, it is OKAY - they will not interfere with each other. When you write a
RPC Servlet extending RemoteServiceServlet, you should also ensure that it
is stateless. There are several ways to do it, but the easiest is to *NOT
use member variables in your ServiceImpl*.

Users in different sessions are also serviced by the same Servlet object. It
is up to you to handle them differently by reading from the Session object
and taking a different action for each user. And, just to go a step further,
the recommended approach is to not use sessions. That gives you
opportunities to scale later.

EJB's are a complicated beast and meant to solve an entirely different class
of problems. Even if you already use EJBs in your project, you should still
write a RPC Servlet that delegates the heavy-processing to EJB.

--Sri