@lineman78 yeah you are right but by doing so we found that we needed
to put more effort into the css to make things work across browsers
the way we wanted ( in relation to other parts of our app), that been
said we have updated our posts to reflect your comments.

we hope Google will fix this in the future as there is a lot to be
gained using CSS-only implementations for document-like layouts and by
doing so minimizing the use of tables for layout's once and for all.

cheers!