I'm not sure I follow why you have to get it from the div.  If you don't,
could you just use myTextBox.getText()?

If you do want to access the DOM, you can set an id for your textbox and
then retrieve the element as described here:

http://code.google.com/webtoolkit/doc/latest/DevGuideUiDom.html (under
"Finding an element in the DOM")

<http://code.google.com/webtoolkit/doc/latest/DevGuideUiDom.html>kathrin