Hello everybody,
I'm doing right now my first steps in GWT and my task is to build a
rolebased authorisation for a GWT application.

The goal is that users can login into the GWT application, but the
users have no rights. They gain their rights through a role, that is
linked to a user. Every role has of course different rights in the
application and according to their rights, certain buttons, tabs,
textareas etc. should not be shown up, if they have no right for it
(it should not be solved in the javascript code and set as hidden if
the role has no right for it, this kind of right's management should
be performed on serverside).

I've read now about "deferred binding" in GWT and it sounded for me as
the feature I was looking for, because GWT creates then a customized
application for this certain role. When this role is logging into the
application it can decide what kind of application should be send to
the browser. But do I understand it right, for 10 different roles,
there would be 10 different applications that have to be compiled and
stored?

If this is true, this would be a waste of ressources on the system. If
you have 2 different languages, 4 different browsers, 10 different
roles there would be 80 different applications to compile that could
be delivered?

Is there another way to get a rolebased authorisation in a GWT
application?