Hi,

the principles are easy: each HTML element (heading, paragraph,
image, ...) is represented by one Content (which is stored in DB) and
each content is added to the DOM. Now you have fully loaded page with
all the HTML contents from the database. Details are described here:
http://code.google.com/p/acris/wiki/AcrisWeb

Finally, each content (HTML element) has click listener (or better ...
doubleclick listener) which is responsible for switching content with
RTE with the same HTML string. In this way you can reach easy WYSIWYG
text editing. When editing is finished (by clicking outside of the RTE
area), then RTE is removed and new HTML content is placed back into
DOM.

Peter