We have an XSD that has a numerous amount of properties that need to
be set.  We have placed all those properties on the browser, so when
the user submits those values I want to plug those properties into the
jaxb object.  So instead of coding a bunch of setXXX, I wanted to do
in such a way that if the xsd changed all I have to do is change the
GUI and give that gwt gui object a name that maps directly to the xsd.

So the xsd has UserName
The gui will have a g:Textbox name="UserName"

Then in the code I would call the reflective method.

As I typed this I guess regardless there would be no way to do this on
the client side. So now I am thinking that I could just send the
widget to the server and the server could do all the reflection it
needs.

Pseudocode for the server side
String someMethodCalledAsync(Widget t){
   for ( Node n : t.getElement().getChildNodes() ){
      if ( n )//do reflection to see if this object has a getName
method.  if so we can use it and do an easy map to the jaxb object.