Could someone point me to literature or give me a few pointers.

For example, I wish to extend TabLayout into SuperDuperTabLayout, but
GWT compiler would not recognise the child nodes of
SuperDuperTabLayout.

<ui:UiBinder
  xmlns:ui="urn:ui:com.google.gwt.uibinder"
  xmlns:gz="urn:import:holymoly.gwt.widgets.client.ui">
  <gz:SuperDuperTabLayout ....>
    <gz:tab>
       <gz:header>Hullo</gz:header>
       <z:VerticalPanel>
         blah ... blah
       </z:VerticalPanel>
    <gz:tab>
  </gz:SuperDuperTabLayout>
</ui:UiBinder>

GWT compiler says it cannot find the class tab as denoted by the
prefix gz. I know the reason why, of course. But, I wish to know how
to write my own extension to the compiler so that it recognises my
classes during uibinder code generation phase, where it generates a
temporary java class for the template.