Sorry. I put the code in reverse order.

Option 1) RootPanel root = RootPanel.get("module1");  - working

Option 2) RootLayoutPanel root = RootLayoutPanel.get();  - not working
with jsp headers and footer.

Option 1 is working but when the page is re-sized, the page is
displayed unnecessary scroll bars.
Option2 is not working with jsp headers and footers. If I remove
headers and footers, it is working fine. But I want to have same
headers and footers across the multiple GWT modules.

Only reason we are  moving to uiBinder model is, do not have handle
browser re-size events manually in all panels. Resetting the size of
the SplitPanels and ScrollPanels is very tricky and it is not
consistent if we handle this manually.

Aplication's base panel is VerticalSplitPanel which I changed to
SplitLayputPanel.

Thanks
Suresh