Hi,
   I am new for the GWT project. I have run a simple GWT app with the
default setting. I deployed it on a Tomcat by simply dropping the
wrapped war file into the webapps folder. The war file will be
expanded to a folder automatically. No problem for everything. It
worked as expected.

   Now what I like to do is: instead of placing the war file into the
default webapps folder, I would like to drop it to a sub folder f2
under the webapps folder like,
     webapps/f1/f2

    Then I manually unzip the war file into a folder. No problem for
that.

    When I loaded the page from the browser like,

    http://localhost:8080/myproject/f1/f2/myproject.html

    the page was loaded. But any RPC to the servlet,
GreetingServiceImpl, would not be found. And the error is,

    HTTP STATUS: 404--/f1/f2/myproject/greet

    That is, could not find the servlet.

    What should I change in the GWT.XML or in the web.xml?

    in Web.xml:

   <servlet>
    <servlet-name>greetServlet</servlet-name>
    <servlet-class>com.bp.myproject.server.GreetingServiceImpl</
servlet-class>
  </servlet>

  <servlet-mapping>
    <servlet-name>greetServlet</servlet-name>
    <url-pattern>/myproject/greet</url-pattern>
  </servlet-mapping>

   in GWT.XML, there is nothing related to the servlet.

   Thanks in advance,

   Mike J