Hi!

I'm having some quite serious problems with the GWT compiler. I'm
working on a proof of concept application in order to determine
whether or not GWT is suitable for another, larger project. So I have
a "core" application and two frontends (GXT and SmartGWT respectively)
that's "linked" into the core application using deferred binding. So
in essence, I can switch between frontends by providing an HTTP
parameter.

Problem 1:

When compiling my application all permutations are successfully
compiled, but the compiler then hangs on "Compile of permutations
succeeded". Nothing happens after that. Development mode works fine.

Problem 2:

In order to test whether or not GWT will work for "large" projects,
I've generated a bunch of views just to expand the code base. I'm
generating about 600 views and each view is displayed using
GWT.runAsync. This works very well in development mode, but when
compiling the application, the compiler runs out of memory when
compiling the permutations. I've increased my memory to 1024Mb.

I've partitioned the application into several modules - is it possible
to "precompile" the modules independently? Any other ideas on how to
get this up and running?

When I'm running Smart GWT as a frontend I don't actually need to
inherit the GXT module (which in turn inherits GXT) and vice versa. Is
it possible to have "conditional inheritance"?

I'm running MacOS 10.6.3, Java 1.6.0_17 and GWT 2.0.3.

Thanks in advance,
Nille