On May 17, 9:00 pm, laurent <bagno_laur...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> hello ,
>
> simple question.i've a problem with regular expression.When i do
> NumberFormat num = NumberFormat.getFormat("*.[0-9]) with
> Window.alert( num.format(123.14) ) , it don't print. I use the
> NumberFormat of GWT.I want that my double begin with 0...n
> characters,a dot and a figure between 0 and 9.

Have a look at the Javadoc for NumberFormat:
http://google-web-toolkit.googlecode.com/svn/javadoc/2.0/index.html?overview-summary.html

The patterns are not conventional regular expressions.

NumberFormat patterns are not going to let you strip arbitrary non-
numeric characters from the front of your numbers (which is what you
say you want to do, although not what your example suggests).

What number do you want to get from the string "123.14"?

Tom