No, you have to recompile you GWT code and you ANT's sync task to have
some kind of hot deploy behavior.

You can limit compilation time by focusing only on the browser you are
interested in

Example:

Sample.gwt.xml :

        <set-property name="user.agent" value="ie8" />

        <extend-property name='locale' values='en' />
        <set-property-fallback name='locale' value='en' />
        <set-property name='locale' value='en' />