well i was getting more into this issue, and i figured out the the
whole string table is 180Kb and most of it is just needed.
using the -XdisableClassMetada flag reduced the code by 35Kb, ie still
like 8% of the whole project.
additionally the -XdisableCastChecking flag reduced the code by 8Kb
more, so at the end i am saving 10%!!

the things i thought was a css class name lookup table was just a list
of (mostly obfuscated) class names, i just got confused by the
external class names.

> My point was that this particular feature is a
> performance issue and in no way a security issue.
sure, i understand, still to carry 40Kb+ of data for nothing is not
good...

thanks
Michael