Problem:  The problem is a result of a RichTextArea being embedded in a
TabPanel.

To Reproduce:  In IE8, add a RichTextArea to a TabPanel.  Navigate to the
Tab containing  a RichTextArea.  Leave the Tab without "Focusing" on the
RichTextArea. The entire app enters a state where TextBoxes, TextAreas, and
RichTextAreas cannot get focus.

Solution:  Set Focus on the RichTextArea when the TabPanel is opened.  If
the RichTextArea is in the first tab, then a Timer that sets Focus after
some short delay will generate the focus event.  Focusing on the
RichTextArea enables the application to remain in a working state.

Thanks,

Brett