As it turns out, IE does NOT support programmatically setting the
onload attribute of the iframe. The solution is to set the onload
attribute in the html tab to call another function, which is the
function you programmatically set.

My following post will include all the code for the new solution,
which works in ALL browsers (well I tested IE, FF and Chrome :P)