Thanks for your answer  I am a newbie . I am not still sure how to do this
 if you can provide me sample it would be great
Let me explain it more
This is what  happens when the user hits the employer.jsp , what my app does
is show all the employees who belong to a particular employer  in a grid .
When the grid 's row is clicked , we taket hem to a section where there are
many tabs and child tabs  .
and each child tab has a a Icon next to it   which would enable to user to
create a message with this child tab link link . So next time lets say user
b logs into the system and sees the message and hits on to the link the
child tab should automatically open , starting from constructing the parent
and the child tab and selecting the child tab .