Thanks for the response.

Sorry, when I said the callback failed, I meant that the onFailure()
method gets called, not the onSuccess() method of the AsyncCallback
instance. The status code of the the StatusCodeException that is
thrown is 0, which is not a standard server error response. In other
words, it's not a server error. It must be something in the client
that thinks it can't connect to the server, even though the server
gets the request and runs it's appropriate method.

There are no console errors. I don't know how to check the Jetty
console.

Also, I intend to use google's AppEngine as my Java server, so testing
locally using the AppEngine instead of Jetty would be ideal, but it
appears to not be supported yet.