Hi.  I have a GWT application running on tomcat that will be using GWT-
RPC to talk to a proxy (gwt servlet).  On the proxy I plan on using
preemptive basic authentication to communicate with the backend
server, also running on tomcat.  I have figured out how to send the
credentials 'preemptively' to the backend server.  So, one approach to
make this work seamlessly from GWT client to backend server is to
somehow inject the username/password into the auth header from within
the GWT client.  So, when the user logs into the application, their
username/password could be obtained and injected into the header.  The
proxy server (GWT-RPC servlet) would obtain this information and pass
it through to the backend server.

I have the proxy/backend part working fine.  I am about to start on
the part where my GWT application injects the username/password into
the header of all requests.

I'm not sure what the best approach is to accomplish this.  Does
anyone have a good understanding of how this should be accomplished?

thanks.
jorel