I'm trying to adapt Jaxen for GWT and having some success: My simple
test works in devmode with Firefox 3.6 on Linux, and with Safari 4
when I point it at the GWT devmode on my Linux box. However I'm not
getting past XMLParser.parse(String) in IE7.

My test XML file is simple enough:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<foo id="foobar">
  <bar id="fb1">
    baz
    <cheese kind="edam">gouda</cheese>
    baz
    <cheese kind="gouda">cheddar</cheese>
    baz
  </bar>
</foo>

But XMLParser.parse(String) throws a DOMParseException (typing from
window on other machine): Failed to parse: <DIV class=e><SPAN
class=b>&nbsp;</SPAN> <SPAN class-m>&lt;?</SPAN><SPAN class=pi>xml
version="1.0" </SPAN><SPAN class=m>?&gt;</

In fact, IE fails regardless of how I edit this file: If I remove <?
xml version="1.0"?>, IE fails. If I remove the whitespace and place it
all on one line, IE fails. If I remove occurrences of "baz" it fails.

I'm running GWT 2.0.3.

Any ideas?