There are a few things that you should keep in mind before you try to
understand the MVP pattern

   1. You don't have reflection or observer/observable pattern on the client
   side.
   2. Views depend on DOM and GWT UI Libraries, and are difficult to
   mock/emulate in a pure java test case

Now, to answer some of your questions

*1. Why should model just be POJO's?*
- Models are shared by the server and client. If models contain code to make
RPC calls, it won't work on the server side.
- Say the models make RPC calls and update themselves. How will the views
know about this? Remember, there is no observer/observable pattern on the
UI.
- The only way multiple views can stay in sync is by listening to events.
And events carry the model objects around, so everybody stays in sync.

*2. You would have multiple presenters and one of them would arbitrarily
have the RPC logic to initialize the model?*
Have a central, command style RPC mechanism. When the data comes from the
server, you put it on the event bus so that every view gets the updated
data. If there is an error, you have a plug to do central error handling.
You can also cache results centrally instead of hitting the server every
time.

*3. Multiple views for the same model?*
Its actually a very common thing. Say your model is a list of contacts. In
gmail, the chat view needs this model. Also, the compose email view needs it
to auto-complete the addresses. These views cannot "observe" the list fof
contacts, so the only way for them to stay in sync is via events.

*4. Why is it a poor design decision to let the view know about this model?*
Because then your views are no longer dumb. And if they are not dumb, you'd
have to test them, which we know is difficult to do via java.

If the view knows about the model, you will also be tempted to "read from
the text box and populate the model". At some point, you would be tempted to
add the validation in the view. And then there will be error handling. And
slowly and surely, you have reached a stage where you cannot test your app
easily.

Which is why you want the view to only listen to low level browser events
like clicks and key events, and then convert them to your apps vocabulary
and then call the Presenter. Since Presenter is the only one which has any
real code, and since it does not depend on the DOM, you can test them using
only JUnit.

*5. Event Handling*
That part doesn't have to do with MVP, its purely a performance
optimization. For general concepts on the subject, you may want to read this
quirks mode article <http://www.quirksmode.org/js/events_order.html>.

--Sri