I'm attempting to send Date information from the client to the server
in a different timezone using remote procedure calls.  As others have
already have commented, I am experiencing the expected change in value
of the Date because of the difference in the timezone.

I have found a post which describes the process of making changes to
the Custom Serializer for Date.
http://groups.google.com/group/google-web-toolkit/browse_thread/thread/fd7b80de11507908/2874ac102f17db26?lnk=gst&q=date+serialize#2874ac102f17db26

Is this still the appropriate method by which Date information should
be saved and if I need to recompile all of the GWT classes ( I hope
not ) which jar files am I re creating?

I notice that the thread is over a year and a half old.  I was
wondering if any new methods or strategies are available as of GWT 2.0

Any information about the process of saving Date information is
appreciated.  Thanks.