Hi Alpine Bluster,

look at this code:

public void onModuleLoad() {

this.setLoginPanel();

loginButton = new Button("Login");

loginButton.addListener(new ButtonListenerAdapter() {

public void onClick(Button button, EventObject e) {

userAuthentication();

}

});

formPanel.addButton(loginButton);

formPanel.setBorder(false);

loginPanel.add(formPanel);

Element appPanelEl = loginPanel.getElement();

 @SuppressWarnings("unused")

KeyMap map = new KeyMap(appPanelEl, new KeyMapConfig() {

{

setKey(EventObject.ENTER);

setKeyListener(new KeyListener() {

public void onKey(int key, EventObject e) {

loginButton.focus();

}

});

}

});

 RootPanel.get("login_widget").add(loginPanel);

}

 private void userAuthentication() {

if (this.userNameField.getValueAsString().equals(""))

Window.alert("username must not be empty.");

else {

loginService = GWT.create(LoginService.class);

String username = this.userNameField.getValueAsString();

String password = this.passwordField.getValueAsString();

this.loginService.login(username, password,

new AsyncCallback<LoginResponse>() {

public void onFailure(Throwable caught) {

Window.alert("server side failure: " + caught);

}

public void onSuccess(LoginResponse result) {

if (result.isLoginSuccess()){

Window.Location.replace("./../Main.html");

}

else Window.alert("username or password invalid.");

}

});

FOR LOGOUT

private Panel northPanel = new Panel();

                                Toolbar toolbar = new Toolbar();

 ToolbarButton logoutButton = new ToolbarButton("Sign Out");

logoutButton.addListener( new ButtonListenerAdapter() {

public void onClick( Button button, EventObject e ) {

LoginServiceAsync service = GWT.create(LoginService.class);

service.logout(new AsyncCallback<Void>() {

@Override

public void onFailure(Throwable caught) {

caught.printStackTrace();

 }

 @Override

public void onSuccess(Void result) {

Window.Location.replace("./../Login.html");

}

});

}

});

 tabPanel = new TabPanel();

 toolbar.addFill();

toolbar.addText("welcome," + someUser..);

toolbar.addSeparator();

toolbar.addButton(logoutButton);

tabPanel.setWidth(NORMALIZE_SPACING);

 tabPanel.setTopToolbar(toolbar);