I have a Date() object that holds a date of birth and I want to
extract the year and make sure no one's trying to tell me they're 150
years old, etc.  The getYear method of the Date() class is deprecated
and you normally use a Calendar() to get the year.  The problem is
that when I try to use a Calendar() object the application doesn't
know what it is.  How can I extract the year from a Date() object and
not fall back on a deprecated method?

Thanks,
Rob