No, it won't.

   1. GWT RPC exclusively uses POST. JSONP uses a <script> tag, which is
   essentially a GET request. You can't make a POST request using a script tag.
   2. RPC adds custom http headers to the request (X-GWT-Permutation, or
   something like that). You cannot setup custom http headers using a script
   tag, or anyother html tag.

Because of these two, RPC cannot be wrapped in a JSONP call.

The restrictions on the URL length are not that prohibitive. GWT supported
browsers allow atleast 2KB, with the newer ones allowing more. That usually
is sufficient for most RPC calls.

--Sri