Can you make a RPC call from a custom GWT widget (i.e. a Search Box
widget) which then can be packaged as a jar and added to another
projects build path?

For example:

I have a custom widget that is comprised of a textbox, button and a
popup panel.  What I want it to do is on the click event, make a call
to my server code, populate an list of result objects,send the list
back to the widget and populate the Popup box with data from the
list.  The goal is to reuse this widget in multiple internal web apps
we develop.

The problem I am having is configuring the servlet path in the web.xml
file for the specific we apps which is leading me to believe that this
can not do want I want it to do.

The GWT module that is inheriting the custom widget:

        com.foo.web.Home

The GWT module that contains the custom widget:

       com.foo.widget.search.SearchBox

Currently, what I have populated in web.xml from com.foo.web.Home:

        <servlet>
                <servlet-name>seachBox</servlet-name>

<servlet-class>com.foo.widget.search.server.SearchBoxServiceImpl</
servlet-class>
        </servlet>
        <servlet-mapping>
                <servlet-name>seachBox</servlet-name>

<url-pattern>/com.foo.widget.search.SearchBox/search</url-pattern>
        </servlet-mapping>

I have added @RemoteServiceRelativePath("search") to
com.foo.widget.search.client.SearchBoxService

Jetty throws the following warnings when I attempt to run the app in
dev mode:

00:00:00.000 [WARN] EXCEPTION
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:
com.foo.widget.search.server.SearchBoxServiceImpl

00:00:00.000 [WARN] failed seachBox
javax.servlet.UnavailableException:
com.foo.widget.search.server.SearchBoxServiceImpl

00:00:00.093 [WARN] Failed startup of context
com.google.gwt.dev.shell.jetty.JettyLauncher
$webappcontextwithrel...@1b5a5cf{/,C:\web-app\main\web\war}
javax.servlet.UnavailableException:
com.foo.widget.search.server.SearchBoxServiceImpl

When I launch the app in Chrome, I get a 503 error.

Any insight will be much appreciated.