Hi Andres,
            the below is my web.xml file. Plz check this and let me know if
there r any errors in that.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE web-app
    "http://java.sun.com/dtd/web-app_2_3.dtd";>

<web-app>

  <servlet>
    <servlet-name>BuoyDataService</servlet-name>

 <servlet-class>edu.msstate.gri.server.BuoyDataServiceImpl</servlet-class>
  </servlet>

  <servlet-mapping>
    <servlet-name>BuoyDataService</servlet-name>
    <url-pattern>/buoyapplication/buoyDataService</url-pattern>
  </servlet-mapping>

  <!-- Default page to serve -->

  <welcome-file-list>

    <welcome-file>BuoyApplication.html</welcome-file>

    </welcome-file-list>

</web-app>

Regards,
Rakesh.