Your essentially asking the wrong question. I think its better to
think of by how much will GWT or products similar to GWT reduce the
load on a server.

You have to consider the fact that every user accessing a traditional
website backed by a templating engine involves alot of resources for
each and every request for new information.

Take a web forum for example. I think they are probably one of the
least effecient communication mediums and would be very interesting to
see a GWT implementation of one. With the status quo web forum you
have full page loads happening every single time a user wants to move
around on the forum. And if the user wants to see what is new on the
forum... you guessed it, full page load.

Now, if you consider all the ways that having most of the web forum on
the client side and using much more lightweight RPC calls to get new
info (and ONLY new info) there would be quite large improvements. I
wouldnt be suprised if the resource requirement of a GWT based web
forum dropped the load on even the most highly active forums by
upwards of 80%, and probably more if you really took the care to setup
some proper caching. But regardless of how the server resource load
would drop, just the bandwidth drop alone would be a 100% win.