Hi,

I am running in a NoClassDeffFoundError after clicking a button in my
very basic app. I modified the standard app in Eclipse just a little
bit by adding 1 service method:

1. Created a new GWT project in Eclipse. This gets me the standard
Greeting Service example app - app works
2. I created a User class, which is just a POJO - app works
3. Added a HibernateUtil class for access to Hibernate - app works
4. Added Hibernate JAR to the build path in Eclipse - app works
5. Modified the GreetingServiceImpl by importing
org.hibernate.session, HibernateUtil and User - app works
5. Added the following getUser method to the GreetingServiceImpl - app
breaks!

// Retrieves a user from Hibernate
public User getUser(int userId){
  Session session =
HibernateUtil.getSessionFactory().getCurrentSession();
  session.beginTransaction();
  // Get the User from Hibernate
  User user = (User) session.get(User.class, userId);
  // TODO Translate user to a serializable data transfer object before
returning
  return new User();
}

Whenever I press the Send button in the Greeting Service app I get the
following stacktrace in the Eclipse console:

WARNING: Error for /test/greet
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/hibernate/Session
        at java.lang.Class.privateGetDeclaredConstructors(Class.java:2389)
        at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.Holder.newInstance(Holder.java:153)

Do  you know why this happens? The getUser() method that seems to be
responsible is not even called. And I imported the
org.hibernate.Session class and it's on the Eclipse build bath.