So it turns out it actually wasn't the image rendering in-correctly. I
did more investigating and it turns out that IE was not passing the
Click-event correctly. It only passes it to the top visible image when
they're stacked on an Absolute Panel. With some re-engineering of the
logic I was able to get it to work as intended.